WWWIC Demo Logins
The public is welcome to visit our Virtual Environments.
- You will need a Java-compatible browser of sufficiently
modern vintage (eg. Netscape 4.0)
- You will want at least a 28.8 kbps connection to the
Internet for the graphical user interface (GUI) applications
We ask that you employ the following protocol:
- On your first visit, create a character
- use your full e-mail address as your character name
- use your e-mail name as your password
- On subsequent visits, connect using the same
Example: logging on for the first time.
Note: You must
fill in the
click the Create Login box.
The Virtual Environments
Geology Explorer (Gumi-Bare)
a text-based version of the Planet Oit educational game.
This is a Java applet that makes a telnet connection to the simulated
environment to support a course
in Physical Geology, (by John Bauer, WWWIC).
Geology Explorer (Gumi-Game)
a graphical user interface to the same Planet Oit educational
game. This is also
a java applet that makes a telnet connection to a simulated
environment, but the communication protocol is based on a system
of control strings (directives) that manage the visual aspects
of the game
The NDSU Dollar Bay Retailing Game a totally new implementation of the
old SELL game (by Brad Vender)